Monday, February 16, 2009

3 Months Old Already?? (long post)

I cannot believe Luke is already 3 months old!! Time really does fly by with this little one. I want to take some time to reflect over the last 3 months. Let's be honest, the first 6 weeks or so with a newborn are tough. (Especially when Thanksgiving and Christmas fall between those 6 weeks.) It was definitely the most exhausting time of my life. There were days when I didn't even know if I had brushed my teeth or not. All I could think of is I should have been on those Suave shampoo commercials where the moms look terrible before getting their "Suave makeover"..... of course I always just looked like the exhausted mom and never the glamorous mom - maybe that's because I don't use Suave shampoo? Anyway, the exhaustion and crazinesss has obviously been completely worth it. I am head over heels for this little man. Some nights I can barely get through singing him a lullaby without tearing up. (Side note: Do any of you other moms find yourself not knowing any of the words to all the lullabies you sing? I just make up words most of the time and hope he doesn't remember) I am extremely grateful that God has given us this beautiful baby and am blessed beyond words to be a mom.
Here we are singing "The Wheels on the Bus". He loves to "sing" with mommy.


Luke continues to grow and grow everyday. He smiles and giggles and loves getting attention from anybody that will give it to him. He is sleeping on average 8 hours a night and fights naps during the day. Ever since I went back to work, he only takes bottles. It is challenging to get used to pumping and feeding him every feeding, but we'll get used to it. Let's just say I feel like all I do is wash bottles and shields all day long. Speaking of work, yes I went back and yes I QUIT shortly after! For those of you who don't know, I worked for a not very nice manager - I loved my coworkers, but my manager - not so much love for him. Danny and I are so excited that I get to be home all day with Luke now. :) We are also looking forward to the spring, b/c we got news that Danny was accepted into the University of Louisville's Family Medicine program!! We will be moving from Cleveland to Louisville sometime in May or June. Now we will only be 2.5 hours away from our family and friends in Nashville (instead of 9-10 hours). Danny also graduates from medical school June 6 and he cannot wait...I can't wait either. I am so proud of him!!!!! We will also be house hunting - so wish us luck! Needless to say, we have a lot to look forward to this spring! Here are some recent photos of Luke:


Luke giving his Nana some kisses




Some photos of Luke on his 3mth birthday:

**It was 60 degrees (which is very rare here) so he was excited to show off his bare feet





Ready for the Super Bowl - he looks like a little linebacker from this angle.



He loves his new turtle his daddy bought him (it's Squirt from Finding Nemo)














8 comments:

Jess said...

I canNOT wait to come and see that little turtle in April. Thanks for posting the pics. Uncle Rick and I love and miss you all tons!!!

Laura K. said...

he's HUGE and so cute. we need to talk blog tactics. are you still having annoying problems with pictures or have you figured out an easier way to get them where you want them? share share!
i hope all is well with you. i've had a hard time with internet lately. the neighbors haven't paid their bill again
:)
but i bet your hands are too full anyway.
sending lots of love your way.

Becky said...

Jenna, Luke is just precious!!!!! I had Grace about the same time of year, and yes, the 1st 6 weeks were even crazier with the holidays!!! As you now know, it just gets better and better! Congrats to Danny! How wonderful! Spring will be fabulous!!! :)

David and Eryn said...

Jenna, Luke is so cute! I'm glad you guys are going to be closer to Nashville- we moved back to Nashvegas about a month ago, so maybe I will get to see you sometime :)

Cristie said...

What a sweet, precious lil boy! He is so cute. Life will just keep getting better and better, children are such a joy. Tons of work, but a joy!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see him again. He's so precious! 2 1/2 hours away means Aunt Mary is there for lunch :)

I'll try to bring Tucker and Lori and we'll have a play-day with the boys.

See you soon. Love you all,
Aunt Mary

Rachel said...

Luke is so cute! I'm glad you are getting to stay home with him. It's busy but so much fun! I remember...and you are right...the first 6 weeks or so are CRAZY with a new baby! My head was spinning:)

Whitney said...

He is just so precious Jenna!! What a beautiful baby!!! I miss you friend!